When choosing a residential roofing contractor, selecting an experienced contractor who can give your roof the quality it needs to keep your family and personal belongings safe from the outside elements is essential. When choosing a roofing contractor for your home, you must seek out multiple candidates with the proper licensing and an excellent business reputation in your area.
- Contact three roofing contractors. Treat this step just as you would if hiring a new employee. Making the wrong decision regarding which contractor to hire will be very painful.
- Research and obtain the services, fees, and warranties provided by several roofing contractors before making the final hiring decision.
- Verify that the roofing contractor you hire has the required applicable business licenses for your state or local area.
- Verify that the roofing contractor or business is legitimate by asking for their tax identification number, business address, business website or email address, and contact phone number.
- Ask your roofing contractor for proof that shows the roofing manufacturer has approved them to install or work on the roof you have chosen.
- Read the warranty information for your project in full and check for understanding with the roofing contractor regarding any actions or exceptions that may void the warranty.
- Obtain a contract or detailed proposal in writing from the roofing contractor that will provide explicit information regarding the project.