Roofing has more to do than just constructing it; you need to make the right decisions to make it more durable, inexpensive and just looks brilliant. In this blog, we will talk about the two most common types of roofs.
As per Bill Ragan, 3-Tab Shingles and Architectural Shingles (dimensional shingles) are asphalt-based roofing materials. They both have a unique design to help give your roof a look you want. Here is some difference between both these types.
- 3-tab asphalt shingles lay flat and get their name because of the three tabs on each shingle strip.
- 3-tab shingles used to dominate the roofing industry and are the cheapest of the three types of asphalt shingles.
- 3-tab shingles have a manufacturer-specified lifespan of 25 years.
- 3-tab shingles come out of the package with a 25-year warranty.
- 3-tab shingles are the cheapest of the three types of asphalt shingles and are a great option if you’re on a tight budget.
- Architectural shingles give your roof a random pattern or simulate the look of wood/cedar shakes.
- Architectural shingles are the most common type of asphalt shingle and roofing material installed on roofs today. If you’re walking down the street in your neighbourhood, most houses have architectural shingles on their roof.
- Architectural shingles have a manufacturer-specified lifespan of 30 years.
- Architectural shingles come out of the package with a 30-year prorated warranty.
- Architectural shingles are around 15% more than 3-tab but give you more life and better warranty options.
 (67) 3-tab Shingles vs. Architectural Shingles (Lifespan, Cost, and More) | LinkedIn